Moderate pace, Hills
- 5:26 am, BG: 150, Bolus 0.3 U
- 6:40 am, BG: 105, Black Coffee
- 8:00 am, BG: 75, Coffee with protein powder (5g carbs, 3g fat, 41g protein)
- 8:30 am, Set temp target on pump (670G version of reduced basal in automode)
- 9:00 am, BG: 123, Race start
- 9:30 am, BG: 155
- 10:00 am, BG: 163 (highest BG during the run)
- 10:30 am, BG: 143, Race end
- 11:00 am, BG; 135, 30 Minutes Post Workout
When I woke up this morning, my blood sugar was a bit higher than I like it so I did a small correction. Today’s training plan is a 9.3 mile race with my running club at 9:00 am. Since I completed a 10 mile LSD (long slow distance) run yesterday, I didn’t “race” the race. I took it out at a relaxed pace and enjoyed the hills and the company of my running buddies. BG levels were stable and within a safe range the entire time today thanks to the protein drink before the run. I carried a pack of gummies with me just in case but didn’t end up needing them.
*The content on this site is not intended to be medical advice. Always consult your doctor before beginning a fitness regimen or adjusting your diabetes management strategy.