- 4:10 am, BG: 156
- 5:00 am, BG: 141, Start workout
- Indoor cycle 10 mins, warm up
- Back squat 3 x 8, 1 x 5 max
- Hex bar squat 4 x 10
- 5:41 am, BG: 90, 1 slice dried banana
- Split squat 4 x 8 each leg
- Pull ups 5 x 5
- 6:00 am, BG: 82, End workout
- 6:30 am, BG: 86, 30 Minutes Post Workout
When I woke up this morning, my blood sugar was a bit higher than I like it but I had two low carb alcoholic beverages last night for the Superbowl so I didn’t inject any insulin to correct. I don’t drink often but when I do, it seems to counteract my normal dawn phenomenon and sometimes even drop my BG low in the morning.
On today’s training plan I had legs, which I find to be really important to support my running habit. In the middle of my workout today, my BG started to drop. My pump alerted me when I hit 90 so I had a single slice of dried banana (about 1g of carb). It may not seem like a lot but it was just enough to keep me stable. The Law of Small Numbers saves me again!
*The content on this site is not intended to be medical advice. Always consult your doctor before beginning a fitness regimen or adjusting your diabetes management strategy.