Moderate pace, Hills
- 4:08 am, BG: 208, Bolus 0.7 U
- 4:25 am, BG: 191, Start running
- 4:55 am, BG: 110, Finish running, Protein Coffee (10g carbs, 2g fat, 28g protein)
- Pump showing 0.5 U of active insulin (Insulin still in my system from morning correction. No additional bolus at this time).
- 5:30 am, BG: 80, 30 Minutes Post Workout
- Pump showing 0.2 U of active insulin (Insulin still in my system from morning correction. No additional bolus at this time).
When I woke up this morning, my blood sugar was much higher than I like it. When I tested, my meter read 208 despite my sensor reading 169. My past few BGs have been about 30 points off what my sensor is showing so I’ll be doing my sensor change today. It’s also an infusion set change day for me…you all know what that means! Naked shower today!! 🙂
On today’s training plan I had a 3 mile easy run. I definitely over-corrected this morning before my run but the run itself was fine. Relaxed pace, beautiful 40 degree weather and I was finished and sitting on the deck with the puppy before the sun came up! 3.1 miles, in the books! I went close to going low after the run but didn’t dip below 80 since I had some carbs to counteract my over-correction.
“If It wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. It’s the hard that makes it great!”Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own