- 4:30 am, BG: 121
- 5:00 am, BG: 122, Start workout
- Back squat 3 x 8
- Dumbbell Reverse Lunge 3 x 8 each leg
- Kettle bell step up 3 x 8
- Bosu single leg balance 3 x 30 seconds each
- Kettle bell sumo squat 3 x 8
- Barbell hip thrust 3 x 8
- 6:00 am, BG: 110, End workout
- 6:30 am, BG: 94, 30 Minutes Post Workout
This morning my BGs were in a good place when I got up and for the training plan I just had a lower body strength day, no cardio so I didn’t make any adjustments. I kept my basal at the normal rate and didn’t eat anything. I wasn’t lifting super heavy since my legs are still recovering from the race so I didn’t anticipate a spike in BGs from the lifting. I monitored BGs throughout the workout and was slowly drifting down but staying within my target range. As always, I had my freeze dried bananas on hand just in case and some tart cherry juice at home in case of a post-workout drop.
The content on this site is not intended to be medical advice. Always consult your doctor before beginning a fitness regimen or adjusting your diabetes management strategy.