Very Easy Effort
- 11:04 am, BG: 117, Set temp target (reduced basal)
- 11:20 am, BG: 105, ~6g carbs
- 11:40 am, BG: 107, Start running
- 12:02 pm, BG: 122, End temp target (reduced basal)
- 12:10 pm, BG: 127, 0.3 U correction
- 12:20 pm, BG: 128, Finish running, 0.3 U correction
- 12:30 pm, BG: 128, 1.1 U pre-bolus for brunch
- 12:50 am, BG: 138, 30 Minutes Post Workout
Today, I wanted to test out my foot with an easy run to see how it is healing. Unfortunately, it did not go well. I had originally planned on running 4-7 miles or so but after the first mile, I was already in a fair amount of pain so I did just under 3 miles and walked a fair amount if it. I foresee a lot of ice and cross training in my future!
My BGs were really nice this morning so I reduced my basal before the workout to avoid going low. I also had some freeze dried bananas since I was planning on doing a mid-distance run initially. When I decided to cut my run short, I knew I had to adjust my strategy and dosed for half the carbs. As I got closer to the car, I dosed for the other half of the carbs since my reduced basal was going to be more than enough to keep BGs stable for this easy workout. BGs we’re still slowly climbing after and I was just about ready for brunch so I pre-bolused for that too. BGs topped out at 138 before they started trending down again so it worked out well, even though I had to change my plans mid-run. It helps to stay adaptable even if it is frustrating sometimes!
The bright side of walking is you can get some decent photos on a beautiful day!
The content on this site is not intended to be medical advice. Always consult your doctor before beginning a fitness regimen or adjusting your diabetes management strategy.