Low Carb Donuts
- 1 cup Blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup Swerve
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 1/2 cup Swerve
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F . Grease donut pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, swerve, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, almond milk, egg, and vanilla extract. Whisk the wet mixture into the dry mixture.
- Transfer the batter evenly into the donut pan, filling them 3/4 of the way. Bake for about 20-35 minutes, depending on the pan, until golden brown. Cool until donuts are easy to remove from the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the swerve and cinnamon for the coating.
- When the donuts have cooled enough to easily remove from the molds, transfer them to a cutting board. Brush both sides of a donut with butter, then press/roll in the sweetener/cinnamon mixture to coat. Repeat with the remaining donuts.
Store in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to a month although, they never last more than a day in our house!
1 donut has roughly 204 calories, 5g carb, 19g fat and 7g protein. This is an estimate and based off my entry of the ingredients into My Fitness Pal.
Looking for more recipes? Check out my T1 Recipe page here!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Or Follow Me on Social Media
The content on this site is not intended to be medical advice. Always consult your doctor before beginning a fitness regimen or adjusting your diabetes management strategy.