- 5:49 am, BG: 109, Set 30 min temp target*
- 6:42 am, BG: 97, Start run, 5g carbs & 11g protein
- 7:04 am, BG: 129, 0.3 U correction (about 2 miles in)
- 7:12 am, BG: 122, End run
- 7:18 am, BG: 115, Basal suspended
- 7:34 am, BG: 104, Basal resumed
- 7:42 am, BG: 103, 30 Minutes Post Workout
This morning Marty decided to join me for my run. I was only supposed to do two miles but the weather was perfect and the company was good so we extended the fun a bit and ended up with a 5k.
I was adjusting my basal again last night so I had been slowly trending down from a high of 155 overnight, which is generally good except before a run. I reduced my basal for a bit to see if the dawn phenomenon would start to bump me back up. When I kept dropping, I knew I would need some fuel for the run. I opted for protein coffee so I would have a small amount of carbs to hit immediately and protein to sustain after the run. When my BGs were still climbing two miles in, I knew I would need a correction to keep from going high after the run and to have some insulin going while I suspended to shower and get ready for work. It worked pretty well this morning. 🙂 Hope you all have an awesome Friday!
*BGs had been slowly trending down since about 4 am.
The content on this site is not intended to be medical advice. Always consult your doctor before beginning a fitness regimen or adjusting your diabetes management strategy.