- 3/4 c (84g) Almond Flour, ultra fine
- 1/2 TBSP (7.2g) Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 c (140g) Shredded 3 Cheese Blend* (Mozzarella, Cheddar, Provolone)
- 1 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 Large Egg
- Everything Bagel Seasoning, to taste (optional)
- Extra Shredded Cheese, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray a bagel pan with cooking oil (Pam), if you have one.
- Stir together the almond flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Combine the shredded cheese and cream cheese in a double boiler on the stove over low heat, stirring frequently, until completely melted and easy to stir. I used my Wilton chocolate melting pot and that worked great too! You can also melt the cheeses in the microwave if you find that easier.
- Stir the flour mixture and eggs into the melted cheese mixture. Working quickly while the cheese is still hot, knead with your hands until a dough forms. The dough will be sticky, but keep kneading until fully incorporated.
- Divide the dough into 6 parts.
- If using a bagel pan, add everything seasoning and extra cheese into the cavities. Form/roll a long log with each part, then press into the cavities of the bagel pan.
- If using a lined baking sheet, form/roll a long log with each part, then press the ends together to make a bagel shape and set on the sheet. Add everything seasoning and extra cheese on top of the bagel and press gently into the dough.
- Repeat with the remaining dough until you have 6 bagels. Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown. When they are done, you should be able to touch them and they won’t collapse. Allow the bagels to cool before removing from the bagel pan or cool on the baking sheet before serving
*You can sub the cheese blend for 100% shredded mozzarella for a more mild, less cheesy flavor.
1 bagel has roughly 193 calories, 3.1g carb, 15.8g fat and 9.4g protein. This is an estimate and based off my entry of the ingredients into My Fitness Pal.
In Central NY and want to try them? There may still be some left at Stride Sports Massage in Auburn (if you get there quickly)! Check out their website here!
Looking for more recipes? Check out my T1 Recipe page here!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Or Follow Me on Social Media
The content on this site is not intended to be medical advice. Always consult your doctor before beginning a fitness regimen or adjusting your diabetes management strategy.