Outdoor Run +
Upper Body & Yoga
- 6:00 am, BG: 143
- 6:32 am, BG: 144, Start run
- 4 mile run
- 7:07 am, BG: 139, 0.5 U correction
- 7:15 am, BG: 135, End run, exit automode
- 7:24 am, BG: 130, 0.5 U correction, suspend basal
- 7:32 am, BG: 133, 0.5 U correction, resume basal
- 7:45 am, BG: 136, 30 minutes post run, 0.5 U correction
I’m back to working from home this morning so I made sure to get my run in before I had to start since I wanted to take advantage of the rise in BGs due to the dawn phenomenon. I sure am glad I did because it was raging this morning. I could have definitely done another mile or two without any additional fuel. Truly, I wish I had the time to, even though my legs felt like cement because it was just beautiful!!
When I was just under a mile from home and saw my BGs were super steady, I knew I needed to correct so the insulin would hit after my run. I chose to correct again just before I jumped in the shower since my BGs weren’t dropping, I was going to have a short suspend and I knew I would want breakfast soon. When I got out of the shower and saw my BGs creeping up despite my 7:07 correction starting to hit, I knew I would need a little more if I wanted to eat any time soon and then used the same line of thinking with my 7:45 correction. I was hoping to have some protein pancakes for breakfast but even those have 10g carb so I waited until my BGs start to come down before eating those. I could do a super bolus instead of my small incremental pre-boluses but I would rather use the law of small numbers to slow dose the insulin and carbs and avoid large swings while I’m trying to work later this morning.
- 5:23 pm, BG: 101, Start workout, 3.2 U correction dosed throughout workout
- 4 x through the following:
- 15 Push Ups
- 12 Bent Over Low Rows
- 3 x through the following:
- 10 Push Up Walk
- 8 Plank Bird Dog w/ 10 sec hold
- 12 Dragon Flags
- 12 Iron Cross Crunch
- 60 sec Side Plank (each side)
- 12 Supermans
- Push Up Pyramid (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1)
- Handstand to fail
- 4 x through the following:
- 6:30 pm, BG: 138, End workout
- 6:34 pm, BG: 138, Start yoga
- 7:00 pm, BG: 131, End yoga
- 7:35 pm, BG: 105, 30 Minutes Post Workout
After work, I did my strength session. Today I included a lot of push ups and even though it was upper body day, my legs felt a bit sore and tight during some of the exercises. Since there are #NoDaysOff* I decided to do some yoga after to help recover my muscles and my mind. It worked amazingly and I felt so good after I was done today. Not much can fix my tight hips and hamstrings like pigeon, down dog and frog pose!**
The strength session in combination with my lunch protein did bump my BGs today and I wasn’t doing any cardio to bring them back down since I got my run knocked out in the morning so I was pretty aggressive with my correction boluses. I did spread them out though to make sure I don’t end up going low later when I want to be sleeping.
*#NoDaysOff is a Tracksmith thing. Find out more about the philosophy here.
**If you’re a runner, these might be good poses to try out.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Or Follow Me on Social Media
The content on this site is not intended to be medical advice. Always consult your doctor before beginning a fitness regimen or adjusting your diabetes management strategy.