Low Carb Pizza
- 300g Chicken Breast (cooked*)
- 1/4 c Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder, to taste (optional)
- Onion Powder, to taste (optional)
- Basil, to taste (optional)
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 (28oz) can Crushed Tomatoes
- Oregano, to taste
- Basil, to taste
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- Onion Powder, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 c Mozzarella Cheese
- Jalapenos, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take baked chicken and place in a food processor or blender with Parmesan cheese and spices. Once thoroughly shredded and mixed, add eggs and mix again. It may be helpful to mix and knead the chicken mixture a second time by hand to make sure the ingredients are fully combined.
- Spread on parchment paper as thin as possible, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Crust should be very dry and lightly browned. Let the crust rest until completely cooled.
- While crust is cooling, mix the crushed tomatoes and oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt in a pot over low heat.
- Spread sauce on crust then mozzarella cheese and jalapenos (or whatever toppings you like). Bake in oven until cheese is melted. You can turn on the broiler at the end to brown the cheese a bit too. This can also be made, frozen and reheated for meal prepping. Enjoy!
*The first time you cook the chicken breast, you want to make sure it is really dried out so you don’t end up with a soggy crust.
1/2 pizza has roughly 447 calories, 9g carb, 23g fat and 40g protein. This is an estimate and based off my entry of the ingredients into My Fitness Pal.
Looking for more recipes? Check out my T1 Recipe page here!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Or Follow Me on Social Media
The content on this site is not intended to be medical advice. Always consult your doctor before beginning a fitness regimen or adjusting your diabetes management strategy.