Low Carb Biscuits
(Or “muffins” if you’re talking to Marty)
- 1 1/2 c Almond Flour
- 1 TBSP Baking powder
- 1 TBSP Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 c Two Good 2g yogurt
- 4 TBSP Margarine/Butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 c Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and lightly grease a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the eggs, yogurt and butter. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese until completely incorporated. The batter will be thick.
- Scoop batter into the muffin tin, about 1/4 c of batter in each until all batter is used. If desired, you can top the batter with a little more garlic and cheese. Firmly tap the pan on the counter so the dough settles into the muffin mold.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and tops are golden.
- Allow the biscuits to cool slightly before serving or cool completely and store for later. Enjoy!
You can also cut them in half horizontally and use them to make sliders. I’ve used them with chicken/pork BBQ and breakfast sandwiches. Feel free to use your imagination! Also, pro-tip when it comes to cheese, always shred it yourself! It is a bit more work but tastes so much better!
1 biscuit has roughly 140 calories, 3.8g carbs, 12g fat and 6g protein. This is an estimate and based off my entry of the ingredients into My Fitness Pal.
Looking for more recipes? Check out my T1 Recipe page here!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Or Follow Me on Social Media
Did I use an abbreviation or term you haven’t heard before? Check out my post on T1 & Athletic Lingo!
The content on this site is not intended to be medical advice. Always consult your doctor before beginning a fitness regimen or adjusting your diabetes management strategy.