Low Carb Egg Meal Prep
Fun and spicy breakfast with a crispy cheesy bottom
- 14 Egg Whites
- 1 Egg
- 4 TBSP Taco Seasoning
- 24 tsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2c Jalapeno Peppers
- 2.5c Kale
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 2 sticks Mozzarella String Cheese (sliced into 6 pieces each)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. A non-stick muffin pan is recommended.
- In a blender, combine egg whites, egg, and taco seasoning.
- Pour just enough parmesan cheese in each muffin cavity to cover the bottom (about 1 tsp)*.
- Bake 1-2 mins.
- Remove pan from the oven (cheese should just be starting to bubble). Add kale to each muffin cavity.
- Pour the egg mixture over the kale and garish with tomatoes and jalapenos**. Sprinkle an additional 1 tsp of parmesan cheese over each cup and add string cheese slices on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until egg is firm and string cheese is just starting to brown.
- Allow cups to cool slightly before serving. You can also refrigerate or freeze and heat in the microwave later for an easy morning meal prep! Enjoy!
*This seems to make them easier to remove from the pan and gives it a delicious crispy bottom.
**Feel free to use more or less jalapenos depending on how spicy you like your food!
1 egg cup has roughly 71 calories, 3.1g carbs, 3g fat and 8.2g protein. This is an estimate and based off my entry of the ingredients into My Fitness Pal.
In Central NY and want to try them? There may still be some left at Stride Sports Massage in Auburn (if you get there quickly)! Check out their website here!
Looking for more recipes? Check out my T1 Recipe page here!
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Or Follow Me on Social Media
Did I use an abbreviation or term you haven’t heard before? Check out my post on T1 & Athletic Lingo!
The content on this site is not intended to be medical advice. Always consult your doctor before beginning a fitness regimen or adjusting your diabetes management strategy.